ASB01 - Dzongri Goechala Trek (10 Nights)
A 11 day tour including 9 days trek covering Yuksom - Dzongri - Goechala in West Sikkim taking you to Kanchenjunga base camp. More Details +
Dzongri Goechala Trek
Trek Code -TDZR11
Duration - 11 days (Bagdogra to Bagdogra basis)
Customisable - Yes
Places Covered - Yuksom - Dzongri - Goechala trek in West Sikkim
Difficulty Level - Tough
Minimum group size - 2
This trek in West Sikkim takes you to Alpine Himalayan forests with abundant flora and fauna and to the vast meadows grazed by herds of Yaks. Dzongri, a trekkers’ paradise, offers incredible views of 6000 to 8000 m high peaks of the Kanchendzonga group, upland meadows, and glaciers.
Day 01: Bagdogra – Yuksom (145kms).
Arrival at Bagdogra. Reception and transfer to Yuksom- 05 hours drive through the winding hills, wide valleys streams and villages. At 5900ft Yuksom is a small village surrounded by hills and forests and full of myths and legends. Overnight at Hotel.
Day 02: Yuksom - Tsoka (10,100 ft. - 07 hrs)
Trek starts from Yuksom along the ridges crossing several small rivers over wooden bridges. We reach Bakhim at 9000ft, which gives a fine view down the valley with layers of ridges of forested hills disappearing into the haze. A further climb of one hour brings us up to the picturesque Tibetan village Tsoka. Overnight in camp.
Day-03: Tsoka - Dzongri – (12155ft. - 05 hrs)
From Tsoka we climb through thick mossy forest of rhododendron, Magnolia and fir. At Phedang a large grassy clearing surrounded by rhododendrons gives a pleasing view of the surroundings. A steep climb from Phedang brings us out to a hill top which gives a real close views of the main snow peaks of Kunchenjunga. A relatively easy trail through the undulating slope reaches Dzongri. Overnight in camp.
Day-04: Dzongri - Thangshing – (13100ft. - 05 hrs.)
After breakfast we set of climbing steadily to another ridge through green meadow with herds of Yak, through the bushes of alpine vegetation. The trail then drops down through seas of rhododendrons burning in colours of different shades. Here we have to cross a adventurous wooden bridge at Prek Chu stream and reach at Thangshing through mixed forest. Overnight in camp.
Day 05: Thangshing - Lam Pokhri - Thangshing - 05 hrs walk Today we trek to Lam Pokhri Lake at 14400ft. and back to Thanshing. One can also have a rest day at Thanshing for acclimatization or exploration the pristine beauties of surrounding areas. Overnight in camp.
Day- 06: Thangshing – Samiti Lake - 03 hrs walk.
A relatively easy trail through the valley, with Thangshing peak, Khang, Kanchenjanga, Gocha peak and Pandim on the background, reaches to Samiti lake at 14000ft. you have to traverse an old glacial moraine before reaching Samiti Lake. Overnight in camp.
Day- 07: Samiti - Goecha La (16000ft.) - Samiti - 08 hrs walk
You have a free day to explore the region. More adventurous trekkers can try to climb up to the Gocha-La pass with the help of our expert guides and porters. The Pass is renouned for its finest views of the Kunchenjunga Peak. Overnight in camp.
Day- 08: Samati - Thangshing
After a free morning for further exploration, we walk back to Thangshing, an easy day which provides a buffer in case of bad weather. Overnight in camp.
Day-09: Thangshing - Tsoka - 07 hrs walks.
We skip Dzongri and return to Tsoka by a different path through mixed forests. Overnight in camp.
Day-10. Tsoka - Yaksum - 05 hrs walks.
We walk back to Yuksom following roughly the same route as on the way up. Enjoy a free relaxed day in Yuksom. Overnight in Hotel.
Day-11. Yaksum - Gangtok - 07 hrs Drive.
Drive to Gangtok or desired destination after breakfast.
Accommodations related to this Package
Super Deluxe Category
Premium Plus Category
Luxury Plus Category
* 20% cancellation charge for cancelling more than 15 days in advance.
* 30% cancellation charge if cancelled between 15 to 8 days before arrival
* 50% cancellation charge if cancelled between 7 to 4 days before arrival
* 75% cancellation charge if cancelled between 3 to 1 days before arrival
* No refund is possible if cancelled on the day of arrival or later
1. Cancellation charge is applicable on the total package cost.
2. No refund is possible if the tour is cancelled due to bad weather, civil/political disturbance, or anything beyond human control. But there will be full cooperation from the entire team to make an alternate arrangement in such cases.
3. In case your tour booking involves any government accommodation or services, such as tourism department lodges etc. The Cancellation policy will applicable on the package amoount excluding government booking. For government booking, the cancellation rules of the concerned authority will be applicable.
4. In case of very high season or special situations, we may communicate a different cancellation rule to you. If Our team members communicated a cancellation rule different from the one mentioned above, then the above rule will not be applicable. Rather the rules communicated by our sales team member will take precedence.
- Trek Arrangement
- Guide / Tour Leader
Similar Holiday Ideas
- AS703 - Dzongri Trek
(6 Nights) | This is a popular 07 day trek in West Sikkim close to Kanchenjunga base camp at Dzongri. This...
- ASA01 - Dzongri Zamlingang Trek
(9 Nights) | 10 days trek covering Yuksom - Dzongri - Thansing - Chouriathang - Zamlingang – Yuksom...
- AS501 - Sandakphu Trek
(4 Nights) | Trek Code -AS501 Duration - 5 days (Bagdogra to Bagdogra basis) Customisable - Yes Places...